2014 Social Impact Fellowship
In May 2014, 22 Penn students and recent alumni will be selected for a Social Impact Fellowship and be invited to participate in the Schwartz Family Penn Social Impact House. This two-week program will bring together under one roof a unique community of innovators committed to designing effective solutions for social change. Led by Penn experts and world-renowned thought leaders in social innovation, design thinking, and business development, fellows will gain the tools, skills, and networks to activate the ideas that will change the world. Sponsored by Penn’s Nonprofit Leadership Program, the program aims to convene top leaders across the university and enhance the social innovation community at Penn.
Our Applications are closed for this year.
See our fellows here!
May 20 – June 1, 2014
March 4, 2014 by 11:59 EDT
Semifinalists will be contacted for Skype interviews.
- Program Tuition (includes lodging, meals, local transportation): $2450
- Partial scholarships and fundraising opportunities are available based on need and merit.
- Fellows are eligible to receive 1 credit for independent study in the Fall of 2014 from Professor Frumkin at the School of Social Policy and Practice at Penn.
- Penn students and Penn alumni
- Select Columbia University students
- Passion for social impact
- Indomitable persistence in trying new ideas
- Have launched a social venture (both for-profit and non-profit welcome) but do not have to be incorporated yet.
- Any stage: idea - design - implementation - scale. Just specify in your application.